On Sunday of the Blind Man, May 27/June 09, 1907, a stone temple began construction on the former Jūnguān Street in the Amur Military District. After the Bolshevik Revolution, Archbishop Evsevy (Eusebius) of Vladivostok consecrated the church on November 26/December 9, 1908 in the name of the Iveron (Iberian) Icon of the Mother of God.
Fr Sergiy Braduchan became its first rector and served at this parish until 1923 and resumed from 1928 until his repose in 1940. Archpriest Fr Nikolai Voznesenky (future Bishop Dimitry of Hailar and the father of Metropolitan Philaret) served as its second rector.
In 1920, General Vladimir Kappel, who died during the Siberian Ice Campaign, was buried at the altar of the temple.
Archpriest Alexander Solyansky (1869-1956) served as dean of the Holy Iveron Deanery from 1940 to 1952.
According to Harbin municipal religious archive, Fr Valentin Baryshnikov served as the seventh rector, while the eighth and last rector was Fr Gregory Zhu until its closing in 1966 at the onset of the Cultural Revolution.
Since 2017, the prolong dilapidated state of the church building has been restored to its former glory.