The White Warriors news agency continues to publish materials on the history of the Holy Iveron Church in Harbin, courtesy of Nikita Nikolaevich Ustyantsev (Australia), grandson of the church's first rector, Archpriest Sergiy Braduchan (1874-1940). The article, which was first published in 1939 in the illustrated monthly magazine of the Diocese of Harbin, Bread of Heaven, was first published in 1939.
The material was prepared for publication by L. Tremsina.
Holy Iveron Church
On October 13/26, the Iveron parish of Harbin was celebrating the "Iveron Icon of the Mother of God."
The Iveron Temple is a stone, beautiful ancient architecture. It was created by the military ranks of the Border Guard district of the Samur district and consecrated by Archbishop Eessusius on November 26, 1908. everything is solid and at the same time beautiful. The temple cost 60,000 rubles. If this amount is compared with the sum of the cost of the wooden cathedral, which amounted to more than 200,000 rubles, it is impossible not to admit that the church of the saamurtsev cost very cheaply. From the outside, the Iveron Church belongs to the type of ancient Yaroslavl temples. Height with a cross up to 16 saplings. The area occupied by the temple is 71 square pieces. It's a good one. The seven-headed temple is crowned with crosses made by the lower ranks of the district forge of the district of the district. The main cross in the middle, weighs 18 pounds; mirrors were inserted into it, now it has fallen out from time to time. The bells were bought with money collected by Hieromonk Gurius; The main bell weighs 38 pounds.
Inside, the Iveron Temple occupies an area of 70.21 square pieces. of them, the altar is 14.58 soot, the average part for worshippers is 24.69, in two side naves 29.34 and the bell tower is 1.60 square. It's a good one.
At the entrance to the temple, signatures with the names of all the fallen in the battles of the zaamurs draw attention to themselves, and the number of them is significant.
Thus, the Iveron Church serves not only as a place of prayer, but also a monument for dead soldiers from the border guards. In the days of the refugee, there were two things: the right in honor of Pr. Serafima Sarovski and the left - St. Nicholas.
Fresco painting was performed in 1916 by the artist V.A. Mikhailov, filled the temple with examples of the creations of our outstanding artists - Vasnetsov, Nesterov.
Vasnetsov saints are not supernatural beings; these are, first of all, people who knew all the human feelings themselves, who knew the hard struggle against the evil beginnings of their souls and emerged victorious from this struggle.
Here's an image of St. Olga with an imperious and almost masculine look, St. Vladimir with a burning look of black shrewd eyes; Alexander Nevsky, who has a beautiful head with a banner in one hand and a sword in the other, stands a meek soul who has known so much suffering, alexander Nevsky, only a bitter necessity makes him shed blood... The plight of his homeland, the heavy oppressive Tatar, humiliating, angrier than death, honor Tatar, but ... May it be your will!..
Here are the saints of the Russian land: Theodosius Pechersky, Pr. Sergius, St. Stefan Permsky, Metropolitans Peter and Alexis.
There are images of prophets: David plays the geese; Solomon is a young man with a beautiful smart face; Gideon is a powerful hero; prophetic inspiration burns the eyes of young Daniel; the formidable Moses stands with the tablets of the covenant in his hands.
The bliss of the righteous is depicted in the main dome in the composition "The Run of Paradise", which represents a bright, joyful dream of paradise. In the center are three angels at the run-up to paradise. Paradise is not visible - angels are illuminated by light coming from paradise. On both sides, the righteous are approaching the gates guarding the gates: all those who have atoned for suffering and death. One of the first Adam and Eve, and next to them Abel, a young man who had not yet known sin, an innocent victim of human envy.
In the same group, the penitant robber slowly approaches, succumbing under the weight of the cross. Mary Magdalene - all impulse forward; heavy strands of hair flutter in the wind, the expression of delight reaching to the pain, froze in beautiful eyes, and next to it - Mary of Egypt, with a mournful, frenzied face, exhausted by the long feat of hermitage ...
On the right side, the angels carry two martyrs, St. Varvara and St. Catherine. The rare charm is full of this image of St. Catherine. She endured the horror of torture, tormented fatally; now came peace and comfort, on her face blissful peace and quiet joy...
From the artist Nesterov's photographs in the Iver on the temple there is a "Christmas of Christ." "Christmas" is placed on the inner south wall in the Serafim prize.
Nesterov's work lies in the amazing ability to convey the prayer mood of the Russian man, as if the artist had taken out a prayer from the heart of a Russian man, not by rank, but in special circumstances, in case and put it in historical paints.
Beautiful images: Introduction to the Temple of Pr. Our Virgin, Ascension and Transfiguration, and the holy icon of the Resurrection; the last icon of the work of Academician Vasilyev.
The iconostasis was made at the same time as the construction and was made according to the drawings of the architect Denisov. Four carvers under the guidance of private 3rd Zaamurrailway railway worked on the carving of the iconostasis for four months. Battalion Alexei Ermakov.
Icons for the iconostasis, among 32, were made in Chernigov by the artist szenkivic.
All icons are executed very artistically on a minted gold background, their total value is 2? thousands of rubles. Painting of the iconostasis in the appendion of St. Nikolai was executed by the artist Nikolin, and in Serafimovsky - by the artist zadazhny. The builder of the first appendera was A.G. Semesova, and Serafimovsky - G.D. Antipas.
But the most important shrine of the temple is the icon of the Iberian Mother of God. In short, the history of this icon is this: the Holy Icon, called Iverskoy, has been in the Iveron Monastery since 999, on the Mount athos. From the time of the phenomenon to the present day, the icon stays in the temple at the inner gates of the monastery, on the place chosen by The Virgin of Samoa, why it is called the Goalkeeper - Portaitissoy, and on behalf of the monastery - Iverkoyu. Details of it are in the description on April 27.
In the reign of Alexei Mikhailovich, under Patriarch Nikon, on October 13, 1648, moscow brought a list with a miraculous icon, which does not differ from the original, neither long, nor wide, nor face, in a word, "new aki old."
The documents of the Iveron Monastery contain a detailed tale of the writing of this icon by the pious elders of the Athos monastery. When Archimandrite Pahomius, who went to Moscow to collect offerings in favor of the Athos abode, returned to his Iber monastery, then he immediately gathered all his brethria, among three hundred and sixty, and until the morning sanctified the water with holy relics and this holy water poured the miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary, the old Goalkeeper and, having collected that water in a large bowl, poured it into the new board served the Divine liturgy with great diligence and faith, and after the liturgy gave that holy water to the icon painter of pious life, the reverend and spiritual father Iamvlich Romanov, so that, mixing holy water with paints, he wrote a holy icon. All the time of writing the icon painter only on Saturday and Sunday ate food, and the brethria to help him made vigils and liturgies twice a week.
By the profits of Holy Icons in Moscow on October 13, 1648, Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich with the whole family, Patriarch Joseph, clergy, boyars and people, of all rank and age with reverence met the icon of Our Lady at the Resurrection Gate of China-city. The icon was originally placed in a monastery called "Nicola - Big Head"; subsequently given away from Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich by the Athos inks, after which it became known as the Nikolsky Greek.
Pious king, remembering that the miraculous icon in the Athos monastery chose a place at the gates of the monastery, wished to move the icon sent from Athos to a special chapel, for it arranged at the Resurrection Gate with the prayer hope that the Divine Goalkeeper will always be a fence and cover of the holy capital. The chapel contains a handwritten book, which records numerous miracles poured out of the mercy of Our Lady to all who resort to her with faith and diligent prayer. Moscow's Iveron icon is famous for many miracles; all Orthodox Christians have a great reverence for it. In 1812, during the invasion of the French, the miraculous icon by the Highest Command was taken from Moscow to Vladimir and expelled the enemies again transferred to Moscow and put in the chapel, where a number of worshippers flocked daily. Orthodox kings at visits to the ancient capital stayed at the chapel to worship the miraculous Iveron icon. The holy icon was often raised in the houses of the sick. When they took her through the streets in a particularly arranged chariot, all the people settled themselves with the sign of the cross.
The Orthodox Church celebrates this miraculous image on February 12, March 13, October 13 and Tuesday of The Bright Week, following the example of St. Athos Mountain.
The temple has several updated icons, they are located on the right and left near the icon of Iverskaya and Epiphany.
The initiative to build the temple belonged to the priest, now the proto-priest Fr. S. Braduchan, who proposed a report on the need to build the head of the Zaamur district, Lieutenant General Chichagov, and pointed to the source of funds for the construction of the church, namely the free sums belonging to St. Nicholas's marching church of Old Harbin in the amount of 32,000 rubles. 12 cop.
That's the money and started building. The head of the District, Major General Narbut, Colonel Podgoretsky and the headquarters of the Dolinsky Rotmister took part in the construction.
Technical supervision lay on the architect X.K. Denisov.
The rectors of the Holy Iveron parish were: the proto-priest S.D. Braduchan (1907-1923) and the proto-priest N. Voznesensky, now Bishop Demetry of Hailar.
Church mayors consisted: A.N. Dolinsky, Colonel I.S. Medler, N.S. Plowsky, M.D. Kasatkin, P.P. Shevchenko, N.L. Gondatti, S.G. Jalnin, A.M. Baranov. Bp. I'll do it. About. Mayors A.M. Sokolnikov, G.D. Antipas and M.G. Antipas-Metaxas.
At the Iveron Parish there is a Seraphim dining room with four shelters serving the needs of the poor, orphans and the elderly.
* Iveron Y. In the Iveron Parish / Bread of Heaven (Harbin). 1939. № 11. Pg. 71-76 ("Bread of Heaven"- illustrated monthly magazine of the Diocese of Harbin, published until 1945). The material for publication is presented by N.N. Ustiantsev.