Similiar in railway church-school architecture as in Manzhouli and Qiqihar along the Chinese Eastern Railway, this church was constructed in 1902. It was temporarily used for other social activities, and then renovation of collapsed ceiling completed in October 1905 at Xiyidao Street (today's Baerhuxilu), Hailar District, Hūlúnbèiěr, Inner Mongolia.
On Saturday April 22/May 5, 1906, Archimandrite Abraam consecrated this church in the name of the Holy Transfiguration of our Lord Jesus Christ, according to Izvestia of the Brotherhood of the Orthodox Church in China, No. 32-33, 34-35. 1906.
In 1927, a rupture occurred in the Orthodox community of Hailar - some of the believers remained in the Harbin diocese at the Transfiguration Church, and another group entered the jurisdiction of the Beijing See and in the same year built a temple in honor of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God.
According to Harbin Diocese - Parishes in China for 1929, the rector was Archpriest Valentin Nikodimovich SINAYSKY. Shelter for the elderly and children.
In 1943, both parishes were under the direction of the Harbin See, and their rectors often co-served.