St Gury (1814 - March 17/29, 1882) was appointed chief of the fourteenth mission to China from 1856 until 1864.
Living in China for 18 years and mastering the Chinese language, St. Gury translated scripture, church history and liturgical material providing a catechetical foundation to serve as a reference for future translation efforts to meet the evangelical needs of the Spiritual Mission.
He was glorified among the locally revered saints by the decision of the Holy Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of May 18, 2008, with the establishment of the commemoration day on March 17.
from Moscow copy
of 1864 NT
copies of 1864 NT
icon with particle of relics
at SS Peter & Paul parish
in Hong Kong