Neighbor's girl Nastya Stelmakh (5 years old) saw a picture of my grandfather in the cleric garb and asked, "Uncle Gera, is your grandfather Jesus Christ" on March 26, 1999.
Grant Lord God, to touch his memory by placing a hand to the image of him! Because in him is Light and Faith, from him in and out of him -is my motherland.
His eyes radiate untold light, bright joy of body and spirit, the perfect joy. His look warms and strengthens and elevates emotional strength, and calls upon to live by creating , and not despairing in this life. Over time, one does not see his spiritual and worldly affairs, and his military glory has dimmed, but the light emanating from him, highlighted connecting thread between past and present, which is called Memory!
Grandfather of Dmitry Andreyevich. - Vasily Mlodzyanovsky was born in a small noble Catholic Polish family, over the years, impoverished and heavily influenced by different circumstances, moved, eventually, into the county of Skvirsky Kiev province. Andrei Vasielvich. his father was born around mid-1850 s and devoted his life to peasant labor and married a farmer Evdokiya Antonova. In the Kiev land they have adopted Orthodoxy. Here in the small place of Borschagovka was born to them on February 11, 1898 (by old calendar) son Dmitry. (Until 1900, one was adding 12 days, and since in 1900 - 13. Consequently, by the new calendar grandfather was born on February 23. But apparently, by the old reckoning, one was adding 13 days, and always celebrated on the 24th ). He had an older brother Jacob and three younger sisters.
After the decree of November 9, 1906 (Stolypinskaya agrarian reform), the Mlodzyanovsky family moved in search of a better deal to the district Tsabelevsky of Fedorovsky Kustanayskoj region and received 45 dessyatinas land (desyatina equals 1.09 hectares). Then they irrigated the land themselves, and the result was not slow in coming — they lived better and more comfortable. With parishioner's funds, the same settlers built in the village a church and school. Finished with honors Church and parish school - 4 classes, with the help of village priest Dmitry was taken in 1910 to study in Verhotursky Nicholas Savior men's monastery. (Today located in Sverdlovsk region).
Here Dmitry received spiritual education, finished seminary, and in 1916 was ordained as deacon. He had talent for drawings. Sometimes he had painted not too bad. In the same year, when he came home, he married Modlin Efrosinyu Timofeevnu (born July 8, 1898 in city of Hersone, her mother-Goncharov Lyubov) — she was the daughter of cobbler from poor peasant settlers. She had sisters: Barbara, Maria, Natalia, and Christina.
At the very end in 1916 (or early 1917) Dmitry Mlodzyanovsky was conscripted for military service — it was the first World War. Private soldier Dmitry fought on the Austrian front. After the revolution he was mobilized in the Red Army and sent to East Front, where he fought against army of Kolchak and with the fighting went from Saratov to Omsk. In late 1918, he fell ill with typhoid which was the determining factor for sending him home.
Having somewhat recovered from the disease, Dmitry started to take photographs, because it was necessary to feed his family: On September 21, 1917 his daughter Maria was born, and on July 24, 1919 - Olga. In early 1921, in Tsabelevk worked American humanitarian fund to provide food to the hungry. Dmitry, as literate was taken to the commission for organization to feed the hungry. They were given canned coffee, condensed milk, bread…
Dmitry decided to go back to his fate - the service of God, and on March 10, 1921 sent a petition to Bishop Dionisy of Chelyabinsk and Trinity (Prozorovsky). Already on March 11, petition was considered and it was decided: "To let petitioner Dmitry Mlodzyanovsky use the interim post of reader in Tsabelevsk parish if the priest and parishioners will accept him". In the same year he was ordained to the rank of a priest - priest (presbyter) by Bishop Dionisy (Prozorovsky) and appointed to Dimitrievsk church in the city of Trinity of Chelyabinsk region.
The family of Dmitry Andreyevich was constantly augmented: on February 23, 1922 daughter Zoya was born, on May 28, 1924 - son Nikolai, and August 9, 1929 - daughter Valentina. The family has become large-four daughters and a son.
In 1924 Dmitry began construction of a new home. The family had a farm: a small mill-wind turbine, 4 cows, and a couple of bulls, several working horses and one stallion to mount. Because Fr. Dmitry did not serve in Tsabelevsk, but in nearby villages, he constantly traveled. When collectivization started, the family was twice collectivized. In 1930, gathering his entire family, Dmitry left the village. They traveled in storage cars for long time and finally arrived in June in Alma-Ata (former capital of Kazakhstan, present-day Almaty). Three weeks they lived at the station, as well as they could. Then they found an apartment in Tastak area on the outskirts of the city - a small corner where they lived until the autumn. Then they moved to an apartment in Mali Stanitsa. In early spring 1931, Dmitry accidentally met his brother-in-law's wife. She had also escaped with five children from collectivization. Getting to Alma-Ata, took them two months. Their conditions were terrible: hungry, rugged, all with a cold. Dmitry brought them to his small apartment, where they were all washed, they were warmed, fed (aunt Dusya from this family) and they began to live together. In Tsabelevsk were left parents and older brother Jacob, who then left for Magnitk. But they were "found" and made specials resettles and sent to work army for the construction of Magnitogorsk.
On the photo is circled the
wife of Dmitry Andreyevich
In 1931 or 1932, cards have been introduced for bread. The family of a priest could not receive the bread talons. The situation was tragic. Children started to starve strongly. Then to save children from starvation, they declared the family of sister Efrosinya , that some woman left five children. Eldest was only ten years old. Authorities removed children to an orphanage. Their mother was placed as a maid to a certain party leader. After her husband served 5 years of labor camps and returned to his wife, they took children from the orphanage. But by that time the two have already died in the hungry 1933 year.
In 1932 the family of Dmitry went to Dzharkent, from where they wanted to cross the border. Dmitry went for some matters to Almaty, but there he was arrested. A family at that time lived in an abandoned house in a foreign city, populated mostly by Chinese. Left without livelihoods and without help, elder children Olga and Maria were forced to go to the bazaar to sell their personal belongings and acquire at least some food. To boil rice they collected grass /kizyak. During all this, girls still contrived to go to the 5th class. Every day past the shack they were bringing people who were caught on the border. They tried to escape over the border. Children began to swell from hunger. Olga got sick with malaria. In late spring early in the morning came a man in military uniform and ordered all to immediately be ready for departure. The entire family was brought to the territory of border patrol. Here, all were fed, given bread, and then loaded into trucks and sent to 1st Almaty. Here, the family was loaded into a train for shipment to Jean-Semey (Semipalatinsk), in which they were building Meat Factory of USSR values. Upon arrival Mlodzyanovsky settled in an abandoned house. Efrosinya V. started to work as washer in a construction site canteen. Her duty was to wash huge boiling pots for 3 thousand lunches. Senior girls studied in 6th class. Sometimes they went and sat in the dining room at the entrance, giving spoons to incoming workers, and when they were leaving — taken them away. For that they were given lunch. After a while Efrosinya was transferred to a canteen for 200 people. There, she worked from early morning until late at night. Once father of Dmitry — Andrei Vasilievich came from the Ferghana , who lived there with the grandson. He came to Semipalatinsk for flour. In the city, swindlers have robbed him and he got a nervous shock, which resulted in his sickness and he was bedridden without getting up. They lived in a room without heat or light.
From the first of January 1934 one could buy commercial bread. And in March unexpectedly, Dmitry finally came to the family. Joy was limitless. He received work in Alma-Ata and came to collect the family. As the father of Dmitry - Andrei V. Mlodzyanovsky was in bed, deciding question was-what to do? And in the morning when they woke, they found that he died. They prayed for the repose of Andrei Vasilevich in the local church and buried him at the cemetery behind Irtysh.
By train they arrived in Alma-Ata and they had apartment within the church.
What kind of courage was necessary to have and strength of spirit to voluntarily accept the persecution and martyrdom in those terrible years of devastation and destruction of Orthodoxy. The church was separated from the state, priests deprived of all rights, shrines were destroyed — authorities were eliminating religion with all the might of its power. But they were victorious and saved for posterity the most important - Faith. Our Orthodox Faith!
In 1920s - the beginning of 1930s in the country strong influence was exerted by the so-called Living church (obnovlencheskaya). Whirlpool of revolutionary transformations of new life did not only grasp the minds of ordinary believers, but fathers of the ROC. In Moscow, the new association "Living Church" was born, metropolitan-renovationists seized the supreme church authority and they send orders throughout Russia… Many priests became "renovationists". (Even Metropolitan Sergei himself was inclined to accept renovationism. But then he repented and continued serving in the bosom of the Orthodox Church). Father Dmitry did not escape this fate and in 1934, Bishop Innokenty of Pustynsk from "renovationists" (from 1912 he headed Turkestan and Tashkent diocese, in 1923 he transferred to the renovationists schism) Dmitry Andreyevich Mlodzyanovsky was appointed priest-in-charge of Vvedensky temple in Almaty and elevated to the rank of archpriest. In Vvedensky church in 1926 served the representatives of the so-called "Grigorevsky" schism, headed by Bishop Iov Korolchuk. Vvedensky Parish was the seat of Gregorian bishops Anatoly, then Seraphim (Pavlov). In 1934 the church was transferred to renovationists, and in 1936 to- Orthodox - after the closure of Nicholas Cathedral.
Documents which at that time signed by Fr. Dmitry and his actions reveal a deep delusion of Orthodox priest about the benefits of the Russian Orthodox Church and his place in her ministry. At that time, he participated in the life of the renovationist church community of Vvedensky church…
After the delusion followed the recovery of sight and deep remorse. Father Dmitry repented for communication with renovationists and Bishop Alexander of Alma-Ata (Tolstopyatov) and was appointed in 1937 to Transfiguration temple of town of Uralsk. He also relocated his family here. After graduating from 10th class in 1938, daughter Olga begged to study in Alma-Ata. First, she lived in an apartment with aunt Zina, but when she joined the newly opened Law School, she then moved into dormitories. In late summer Dmitry Andreyevich arrived in Alma-Ata and here on the outskirts of Kartonny street (13 - Line, then Gagarin) house # 55 at the corner of Kalinin Street he bought a small house, which was arranged for Olga. By autumn, the whole family moved to the house.
In 1941, Father Dmitry served in Petropavlovsk-Kazakhstan, then again came to Alma-Ata. The war interrupted his spiritual service and again Fr. Dmitry was mobilized. Some time he served in Alma-Ata military enlistment office, and then…
In June 1942, he was sent to Moscow. Upon arrival in Moscow Dmitry Andreyevich was offered to participate in the guerrilla movement in Ukraine. And not with the gun in hands, but as preacher of the Orthodox Faith…
On the night from August 25 to 26, 1942 from Moscow airfield Podlipk was departing a group of paratroopers under the command of a senior lieutenant Ivan Sokolov. Departing of the group took place under the strict supervision of NKVD — nobody was allowed to approach the aircraft, except for those who were supposed to be there by their direct duties. Crew of "Douglas" consisted of Boris Tatsiya pilot, navigator Andrew Ponomarenko, flight radiotelephone operator Gregory Bulanov, technician Fedora Vashchenko and gunman Nicholas Kochurkin.
Landing party consisted of eleven people. Nine of them knew each other quite well, they were commanders and fighters OMSBON (A separate motorized infantry brigade of special-purpose NKVD USSR), selected to the squad "Winners": Ivan Sokolov, Grigory Volkov, Nikolai Prikhodko, Nikolai Gnidyuk, A.Yatsuk-Pavlov, Boris Sukhenko, Alexander Seredenko, Peter Golub, radioman Vladimir Skvortsov.
(At the beginning of the war for the organization and leadership-sabotage reconnaissance work behind the front line, in the rear of the German army in the occupied Soviet territories there was formed a special unit - a special group with NKVD USSR.
On July 5, 1941 PA Sudoplatov was appointed head of the group. With the expansion of activities Special Group in October 1941, was reorganized into independent 2nd department of NKVD, and in early 1942 in 4th management of NKVD USSR. Ukrainian department in 4th management was led by VA Drozdov. To prepare soldiers of future operation group they formed separate motorized infantry brigade of special-purpose NKVD USSR. The meeting place of the brigade became the old Petrovsky Park, and located on its territory Central stadium "Dinamo").
Two paratroopers were unknown to anyone. These were the legendary future intelligence officer Nikolai Inanovich Kuznetsov and priest Archpriest Mlodzyanovsky Dmitry Andreyevich serving under the operational-names and pseudonyms Grachev and Sidorenko. The landing party was personally escorted by the chief of 4th management of the NKVD, General Sudoplatov and his senior officials. (Lieutenant-General Pavel Anatolievich Sudoplatov was removed from his post on August 21, 1953 and sentenced to 15 years in prison. In 1992 he was reinstated. He died in 1996 in Moscow.)
The aircraft "Douglas" with the hull number 1842401 flew on assignment at 20-00 on 25th of August.
At 00-22 on 26th of August from a height of 200 meters, team at both doors on a signal from the ground (seven fires of rectangular shape) were dropped all 11 people and 100 kg of cargo to cross roads 5 kilometres south-west of the station Borovoye which is 105 km west of Korostenya. In the dense forest on the border of Roven and Zhytomyr regions of Ukraine, near the farm Zluy fighters Intelligence-landing parachute squad of NKVD "Winners" Dmitry Nikolayevich Medvedev (code name of the squad - RDR (reconnaissance-subversive residency) 4 / 190) met this group. Each landing member was met by the assigned person in the squad. Bearded paratrooper Sidorenko was entrusted to the concerns of intelligent officer Vladimir Stupin. (I have his letter with his memories of that time, as well as: page 179-181 - Gladkov TK Legend of Soviet intelligence .- M.: Veche, 2001 .- 448 pp.).
In September 1942, a group intelligence of VM Stupin was ordered to escort Sidorenko to the village Balashovku of Bereznovsk district of Rivne region. Upon arrival there, Sidorenko took a revolver from the suitcase and with the words: "Now my arms will be the word" and gave the revolver to his senior team member. A ray of sunsetting sun highlighted in the suitcase the edge of brocaded mantle and gilded cross…
After a while among local residents the news had circulated that in Lutsk there was a new, surprisingly wise priest-in-charge of the Orthodox Church. In doing so, people expressed their sincere admiration for the new father and concern for his fate.
Having volunteered to go to the German rear to get there a parish and under this guise to start patriotic intelligence work to bring victory over the enemy's father Dmitry not only by the word of God gave people confidence in the victory over the enemy, but also was an advocate of his flock, and a resident of the Soviet intelligence.
After the liberation of Ukraine the fate brought Father Dmitry to city of Pochaev in the Ternopol region to the Holy Dormition Pochaevsk Lavra, after that to the parish church in city of Kremenets and at the completion of this service to the town of Teophipol Khmelnitsky area.
In October 1944 DA Mlodzyanovsky went to Alma-Ata, where his family - wife and four daughters resided. And after the war there arrived his son from the front - Nicholas, who served in the Baltic Fleet.
In Alma-Ata Father Dmitry took pains to open churches, served in the parish church in the Little place and in the Nicholas Cathedral.
On October 1, 1946 Manager of the Moscow Patriarchate Archpriest Kolchitsky informed Father Dmitry of resolution of His Holiness Patriarch Alexis, that he put on the report of September 30, 1946: "In view of the submission of a document certifying the reward - to recognize Father Mlodzyanovsky to the rank of archpriest with a club and cross with decorations ".
In 1947, by the decree of His Holiness Patriarch Alexis Father Dmitry was appointed priest-in-charge of St Nikolas Church in city of Ghulja - Ecclesiastical center of Xinjiang, and the older of province Xinjiang (China's Uygur Autonomous Region, 80 kilometers from the border with Kazakhstan, where the largest Russian community was in China. The first Russian settlers here have appeared in 1872. In early 1920 Russian emigrants have appeared here and parts of white Cossacks troops of ataman A.I. Dutov and B.V. Annenkov. Dutov in February 1921, was shot by Chekists in town of Suiding, province of Xinjiang. He was buried in city of Ghulja. In 1928-1933's. peasants fled here from Turkistan and Kazakhstan fleeing from the collectivization.)
In 1946, after the death of the priest-in-charge of Ghulja parish priest F. Soloshenko, parishioners filed a motion before the Moscow Patriarchate for the appointment of a priest from the USSR. Due to the absence at that time of communication with Beijing D. Mlodzyanovsky was in direct jurisdiction of the Moscow Patriarchate. Restoring Xinjiang deaneries consisted of the following parishes: in Ghulja, except for a large temple, was a small one, headed by Archpriest V. Kochunovsky, in Chuguchak served Fr. Akimov and E. Timakov, in Urumqi — priest I. Filonsky, in Loucougou - Archpriest M. Malyarovsky . In all counties of Xinjiang the Orthodox population numbered about 10 thousand people. The most sacred object was a miraculous
image of Our Lady of Tabynsk stored near the left choir of Ghulja's temple. The icon with a height of almost a meter was dressed in gilded silver mantle.
Archpriest D. Mlodzyanovsky made big repairs and alterations of Ghulja's church and parish house and there was a belltower built. Great church profitability allowed to conduct much of the work by church funds, missing funds have been supplemented by donations. Because of Father Dmitry works, there were restored parishes in the District of Iliysky and city of Chuguchak, established parish life in cities of Dorbuzhin and Shiho, in many villages of deaneries. (Fr Dionisy Pozdnyaev. Orthodoxy in China. Annex 3: History of the Orthodox Church in Xinjiang. Internet version-http://orthodox.cn/localchurch/pozdnyaev/app3_en.htm)
The words and deeds of Father Dmitry were so creative that from the whole province for his service came Russian immigrants, and many Chinese espoused Orthodoxy. (Journal of the Moscow Patriarchate, 1949, №3, pg.8)
First, church life runs smoothly in all parishes of Xinjiang, but during 1948-1949 the rector of church in Loucougou Archpriest M. Malyarovsky and the rector of church in Urumqi priest I. Filonsky. They were unable to find replacements for them. The parish in Loucougou was assigned to Ghulja, Urumqi parish remained vacant.
Liberation of Xinjiang by People's Liberation Army of China opened up possibilities for the restoration of severed ties with Russian Spiritual Mission in Beijing with Orthodox parishes in Xinjiang. In Beijing, they were unaware of the appointment of Archpriest Mlodzyanovsky, and Archbishop Victor sent to the post of the priest-in-charge of Urumqi temple Archpriest Gennady Karasov who served in Beijing. Due to lack of proper information on the status of Xinjiang in Beijing believed that the Russian center of Xinjiang is Urumqi. Archpriest G. Karasov was mandated to examine the situation of the Orthodox Church in Xinjiang. He arrived in Urumqi in the spring of 1950, he travelled in the summer to Ghulja and Chuguchak. Inconsistency in the actions of Beijing and Moscow led to some misunderstandings: Parish in Urumqi directly subordinated to Beijing. The service of Archpriest G. Karasov did not last long - on the night of 9 to January 10, 1951 he was killed, burned during the fire in his apartment. The parish in Urumqi again proved to be vacant. (Fr Dionisy Pozdnyaev. Orthodoxy in China. Annex 3: History of the Orthodox Church in Xinjiang. Internet version-http://orthodox.cn/localchurch/pozdnyaev/app3_en.htm)
In 1950, D. A. Mlodzyanovsky arrived at the home town of Alma-Ata, where his family was.
In November the same year during his trip to the place of service in city of Ghulja, as ordered by the Archbishop of Alma-Ata of Kazakhstan, in consultation with the Commissioner for Ecclesiastical Affairs under the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR Stepan Romanovich Vohmeninym, Father Dmitry had a three-day stop in the city Dzharkent (city of Panfilov city of Taldy-Kurgan region of Kazakh SSR, since 1991 city of Zharkent.) to meet the religious needs of Orthodox-believer population.
In 1952, by the order of Church administration, Father Dmitry returned home and was appointed to Nicholas Cathedral in Almaty. The result of his activities in China became a detailed report on the Orthodox religion in Xinjiang, which is kept in GARF.
In Ghulja Fr. Dmitry was replaced by Archpriest P. Kochunovsky. During the "Cultural Revolution" Orthodox religious life of the population in the province of Xinjiang virtually ceased. All the churches were destroyed.
On September 23, 1954 Division for External Church Relations of the Holy Synod of the ROC Archpriest DA Mlodzyanovsky was sent to the city of Jerusalem (Israel) as member of Russian Spiritual Mission.
October 25, 1955 on the eve of the celebration of Iversky icon of Our Lady, since 1955, he again served in Nicholas Cathedral in Almaty.
Metropolitan Nicholas (Mogilevsky) of Alma-Ata and Kazakstan reposed in the Lord. Archimandrite Isaac and Archpriest Anatoly Sinitsin and Dimitry Mlodzyanovsky dressed the metropolitan in sacred garments and put him on the table, they have served the first funeral by the body of the prelate.
After the death of blessed Metropolitan Nicholas (Mogilevsky) in the cathedral city, the peace was lost, as among the clergy, and so among the flock. Within a short period at the Alma-Ata, the department has changed several ruling bishops. From November 1955 to June 1956 temporarily managed the Alma-Ata diocese, Tashkent diocese administrator Bishop Ermogen ( Golubev Alexei Stepanovich). Then administered the diocese, Archbishop John (Lavrinenko, 1956-1957), Archbishop Alex (Sergeev, 1957-1958), From February 20, 1958 until August 28, 1958 again temporarily managed Alma-Ata diocese Bishop Ermogen , then Archbishop Innocent (Leoferov, 1958-1960's.).
Since autumn 1958, began a new "Khrushchev" attack on a church, similar to offensive in 1920s.
In Alma-Ata a very complex situation appeared: rebel, unpleasant for the Church. In St. Nicholas Cathedral served two young archimandrites - one was the priest-in-charge of the cathedral, and another - Secretary of the Diocesan management. Between them strife broke out. Each of them had their fans, admirers, and in the cathedral created two very strong rival groups of parishioners, one of which supported one of archimandrite, the other - the other. Authorized by the ROC under the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR Vohmenin S. R. decided this situation simply - he withdrew both of archimandrite from registration, which had become a new impetus to further deterioration of the situation in the cathedral.
Several non-churchgoing women, apparently aimed specifically at Cathedral by relevant bodies to provoke trouble, (which at the time of Khrushchev harassment was widely practiced), were publicly accused of depriving archimandrites registration of manager of Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan and the diocese of Archbishop Innokenty (Leoferov) and trustees of Nicholas Cathedral. However, Bishop Innokenty, was trying to avoid such an outcome (deprivation of registration), repeatedly tried to reconcile the archimandrites, upset that they are following not churchgoing people, warned of the possible consequences of their unreasonable behavior. In addition, he supported the request of twenty parishioners of Nicholas Cathedral for reinstatement of registration of archimandrites, dispatching to that effect and his application to the authorities. But the people started to meet in the courtyard of the cathedral and to resist the action of Archbishop Innokenty.
And they did not just verbally express their indignation against the "persecutor" of their beloved archimandrite, but used physical force against anyone who served at that time in the cathedral. "Dostalos then - remember Eyewitnesses remember that choirmaster Boris Matveevich (he was hit by a bag on a neck), and dispersed choir - run after them in the court, and beat treasurer. They raised their hands to priests and did not to allow them to serve in the Cathedral". And by that time there were only two priests left out of seven in the cathedral, which were required.
The choirmaster of church of Our Lady in city of Alma-Ata Michael Vasilievich Shekinin was a witness how a crazed crowd was pushing from the porch steps Archpriest Dmitry Mlodzyanovsky: "It was a Sunday and there were a lot of people. Weather was cloudy, and when fierce rioters attacked a priest shouting: "Go away from the cathedral!" and with various other insults, and at precisely this moment erupted terrible thunder, so fierce, that I never heard it in my life. Thunder was thundering directly over the heads of rioters, and I immediately realized then that this was a warning from the Lord for the wrong doings against the holy person".
The fact of expulsion of Archpriest Dmitry Mlodzyanovsky from St. Nicholas Cathedral was certified by the certificate, issued to him in the Diocesan Office in August 1960, providing by the financial authorities: "This certificate is given to the cleric of Alma-Ata Cathedral Dmitry Mlodzyanovsky that, in connection with the abnormal situation in the cathedral church life because of withdrawal from registration of archimandrite— Archpriest Dmitry Mlodzyanovsky was unable to properly serve the faithful by implementation of religious services from July 1, 1960 (a group of people did not allow him to services, prayers and rites), and therefore his revenues significantly diminished ".
Vladika Innokenty had failed to pacify the warring parties and he filed a petition for his resignation to retire. In Patriarchy during this period there were endless reports with the proposal to abolish the independent Kazakhstan diocese, take it apart (with self-preservation of Peter and Paul Kustanaysky diocese) and connect these parts to other nearby dioceses, with the establishment in Alma-Ata of seat of the Bishop, who was under jurisdiction of Tashkent.
Patriarch Alexis I has attempted the last try to make peace and retain the Kazahstan diocese. On September 15, 1960 for the joint diocese of Alma-Ata and the Peter and Paul, His Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and the Holy Synod appointed Archbishop Joseph (Chernoff) of Petropavlovsk and Kustanaysk. He led the diocese to the day of his death on September 4, 1975.
Since 1961, D.A. Mlodzyanovsky was priest-in-charge of Archangel Michael church in the city of Karaganda region in the so-called "2nd mine" (470062, city of Karaganda, Prishahtinsk, street Ushakova, 43). Temple stood, surrounded by numerous buildings, on the richest deposits of coal, mining, after which the area around the temple fell significantly. Not far from the church tower were terrikony — mines, and behind the church was a cemetery. The history of the church, was primarily associated with special resettles. There was talk that at the place where the temple was built in 1931, straight from the cars in blizzard landed the first exiles, most of whom froze. Fraternal graves of exiles have apparently begun a cemetery that surrounds the cathedral. During the war a prayer house was open, which was in dugout at the Kirov mine, where exiled lived and worked. Only on November 6, 1946 there was officially registered Orthodox parish community, with its stay in the Kirov (now October) region of city of Karaganda, with allowing the parish to use the prayer house.
Parish registered on March 4, 1947. From March 1949 to November 1954 they carried out expansion of home building and reconstruction. In 1957, Archbishop John of Alma-Ata and Kazakhstan visited Karagandu and on February 2 sanctified the altar table, antimins with parts of saints relics and church. In 1964 (possibly in 1965) Dmitry Andreyevich was appointed priest-in-charge of Archangel Michael Church in the town Schuchinsk (476410, Oktyabrskaya street, 45, city of Schuchinsk, Kokchetavsky area).
April 25, 1970 Metropolitan Joseph of Alma-Ata and Kazakhstan sent a decree to Archpriest Dmitry Andreyevich Mlodzyanovsky - priest-in-charge of the Archangel Michael Church in the town of Schuchinsk that His Holiness Patriarch Alexis, who reposed in Lord, who blessed to reward him for the holy day of Pascha by miter (Mitra, Greek. - Head dressing - golden headdress), put by the supreme clergy during worship. Archbishop and Arhimandrit's cap with the full Vestments).
By the executive decision of Alma-Ata city council deputies of workers from April 6, 1977 №147 "P" in spring 1978 was made the demolition of housing, consisting of three rooms of residential area of 32.7 m2 and a total area of 54.4 m2 along the street of Gagarin, 55 belonging to Dmitry Andreevich. Instead of demolished private homeownership of DA Mlodzyanovsky, Efrosinya Timofeevna, his wife and their daughter Mary Zavrazhnova on March 28, 1978 were issued a warrant for only a two-room flat at the address of: 6th - Line, house 161/163, apartment 19. (Subsequently, street and house address has been renamed: street Klochkov, house 156, apartment 19.) Such a shock had an impact on the health of all family members. Dmitry Andreyevich continued to serve in Archangel Michael temple in the city of Schuchinsk, periodically coming to Almaty for visit.
On the first of February 1981 in the city of Schuchinsk died the wife Efrosinya Timofeevna, where she was buried.
In 1981, Father Dmitry because of his sickness retired and lived in Alma-Ata along with his eldest daughter Maria.
He died on March 21, 1983 in Alma-Ata. His burial has taken place in St Nicholas Cathedral. He was buried at the city cemetery next to the tomb of his grandson-son Dmitry Kresyuk — son of his daughter Valentina - died on March 23, 1963.
In the fate of priest Dmitry A. Mlodzyanovsky, as in a drop of water, reflected all the historical conflicts of XX century.