This church was situated in front of the Kokokei (Ang'angxi) station in Qiqihar on the western section of the Chinese Eastern Railway connecting to Harbin. It is similiar in architecture with the stone churches in Suifenhe and Yamen.
According to Fr. V. Gerasimov in "Review of the Dioceses of Harbin on October 1, 1939", Sky Bread, Harbin, 1939, No. 10, 95-98, a church consecrated in the name of Saints Peter and Paul was built in 1913. On Oct. 1, 1939, the rector was Archpriest A. Chistyakov, and the churchwardens were M. G. Chumakov and AA Shil'nikov.