中文 | Русский

St Nicholas Church in Suífēnhé

Suífēnhé is at the end of the eastern line of Chinese Eastern Railway along the frontier of the Sino-Russian border. Thus the Suifenhe train station was also known as Pogranichnaya Station meaning the Frontier or Border Station.

A church was constructed of wood in 1898 on the territory of the Russian village near the train station, consecrated in 1901 by Bishop Innokenty (Figurovsky) in honor of St. Nicholas of the Miracle Worker, but destroyed by fire in 1908. It was rebuilt in 1913 of stone about 200 meters away from the train station. This latter church building has survived to this day.

photos
 

from D.S. Maslennikova "The Churches-Schools in CEER Stations" pg. 25

photo from CEL Album (1909)

1903-08 photo from fotoe.com

1905 photo from
"Vintage Postcards"

Russian buildings, 1905 photo
from "Vintage Postcards"