In the town of Chinese Eastern Railway.in southern Heilongjiang stands an old church, entirely built of wood and crowned by a gleaming bronze onion dome. For decades served the spiritual needs of the pre-Revolutionary residents of Hengdaohezi, most of whom were employees of the
According to Harbin Diocese - Parishes in China for 1929, the rector was Fr. Pavel Petrovich LYUBIMOV.
According to Fr. V. Gerasimov, in "Review of the Dioceses of Harbin on October 1, 1939", Heavenly Bread, Harbin, 1939, No. 10, pp. 102-103, the temple in honor of the Entry of the Mother of God was built in 1903. The rector was the priest Fr. N. Kushkov, and the churchwarden was N.A. Klimov.
Hengdaohezi has now become a destination for tourists curious about the "old Russian town" and its rustic church.