This Orthodox Church built of brick in 1930 according to the project of the civil engineer Y. P. Zhdanov, was occupied by the Ukrainian parish in Harbin's old Russian cemetery on 54, New City Street. The parish was originally a house church at the Ukrainian Residence in 1922, and after being evicted, was moved to a basement at B. Avenue. The parish was allocated its current permanent location after the temple construction completed and consecrated on December 14, 1930 by Metropolitan Methodius in honor of the Protection of the Mother of God.
According to Harbin municipal religious archive, Fr Michael Andreev served as rector from May 1947.
It is currently a First Class Preserved Building located at 266, Street, District.