According to Hankou municipal archives, built in 1893 as the St Alexander Church in Hankou's former British Concession in Hubei Province.
Fr Leonid Viktorov (future Archbishop Nikandr of Rostov) served as rector from 1925 to 1927. Archpriest B. Yakushev served from 1938-1955 before returning back to his Motherland. Fr Nikita Du and his son Fr Pinna Du served successively from 1955-1958 as priest in charge of dwindling parish of St Alexander in Hankou until its closure.
The building was used as a warehouse, and until 2013 was most recently used to hold weddings.