Built in 1901 after the Yihetuan Uprising, this church building was located in Beiguan, Beijing. In the Russian book "Beiguan" (Tianjin, 1939) pp. 100-101 this church is referred to as the Uspensky Cathedral. Fr Vasily Du served at this Cathedral. Most of the faithful who departed had their bodies brought to this Church for the priest to pray the trisagion for the dead.
Until recently this Church building was being used as the Russian Embassy garage.